Skip to main content

THE NECESSARY EVIL



You said I lied to you because you unveiled something you think is the truth. Here is my truth: All that I did, I did for excess love of you; all that I withheld from you, I did, to protect you. I feared in my little uncomfortable way that losing you will be the results of telling you that I slipped. Now, what I feared most has befallen me; I am losing you but I don’t have wings to fly to catch you. You are drowning in tears because I hurt you and I can’t even swim to dive to save you. What more can I say? It was a necessary evil to protect your heart from breaking.

 All you needed was not to know because you knowing, was not needed. You call me a liar: I am belittled by that title. Call me a responsible liar and I will agree with you. Protecting you from the truth which stings was my biggest priority because I couldn’t afford to see you hurt for my stupidity. Nonetheless, I’ve still got to bear the cost now. I really wish you could grant me a listening ear for, just, a second. I need the chance to prove to you that withholding that confession was a necessary evil to protect your heart from breaking.  

Sweetheart cut me some cake; now, take my shoes and try them on. Let’s see how best you could have performed in them. I made an honest mistake: I am aware of my actions but telling you wouldn’t have made it any less a burden to bear. I bore the pain alone for love of you: now, you share in it out of no fault of mine. If only time had a reverse button pined on it, I bet I wouldn’t have made that silly mistake, at all. I am already suffering the pain of hurting you, so why do you want to keep pressing your wound which is connected to my heart to break me some more?
 
I know “sorry” cannot heal you but I am still begging you to forgive. What more can I say? It was a necessary evil to protect your heart from breaking.   

Comments

  1. The uncomfortable feeling that runs through your nerves when you try to keep a mistake from the one you sincerely love and it backfires. No matter how you've already punished yourself for it,they keep holding on to it because they think you lied to them too by not telling. All you did was try not to hurt them.

    oya... let's share some experiences...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece but the painful truth is better than a sweet lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece. Keep the fire burning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. Its good to let your partner know every truth that you think is hunting your fears to losing him/her. However, it depends on the partner you have.
    Its difficult to deal with such issues though. Allah help us in all that we do and prevent us from all atrocities

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm. Its good to let your partner know every truth that you think is hunting your fears to losing him/her. However, it depends on the partner you have.
    Its difficult to deal with such issues though. Allah help us in all that we do and prevent us from all atrocities

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm. Its good to let your partner know every truth that you think is hunting your fears to losing him/her. However, it depends on the partner you have.
    Its difficult to deal with such issues though. Allah help us in all that we do and prevent us from all atrocities

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being hurt by the truth makes you stronger so i think it's better to hear it than to be lied to

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurt me with the truth,,, never comfort me with a lie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The truth may hurt but it will strengthens me to move on so always tell me the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The truth always win no matter the hurt it may temporary bring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well,the truth hurts. I can understand why keeping a lie for the benefit of it leading to a breakup of some sorts remains the ideal situation. Mostly,people love to uncover truths when the only thing needed was to ignore and move on.Nevertheless,we can learn from the popular phrase "don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. Nice piece Kassy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unveiled the truth early for it to heal early...
    Keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leaving rotten meat in the fridge gets it worse. You can't stand the stench at a point. Same with hidden truth. The longer it takes, the worse the pain that comes with it gets. The foundation of trust breaks down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE IS ALL WE’VE GOT

The energy with which he pushed the fly away while it was a mile away reminded me of the greatest gift we have: to be alive. I stood behind him at the entrance of the church whiles the priest gave his homily (message) since we were late for mass. According to the catholic tradition, if you get to church during the homily, you will have to stay outside to listen until it is over, in order not to be a distraction for those already   inside. The innocent housefly made a silly mistake to head towards him for a minute and it had its ass kicked like a wretched thief. He reminded me of the friend I had lost, a few days ago: A handsome, smart and an intelligent guy who had better techniques of sacking flies than he did. There he lied lifeless and quiet, couldn’t even raise a finger to sack the flies that walked on his own face; and I remembered how energetic he was the last time we met, his smile, his jokes and the life that flew out of him. Now, the question is: of all the thing

JEALOUS

In the words of Michael Jackson, I perch at the corner of my lonely bed and sing “Another day has gone. I'm still all alone. How could this be that you're not here with me? You never said goodbye. Someone tell me why: Did you have to go and leave my world so cold? Everyday, I sit and ask myself: How did love slip away?” After I drop down from my “thought-ride” and notice, all I had been doing for hours was thinking about you, I look back at my distressed self and as Labrinth will put it, admit to myself shamefully, “Well, ‘It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way… You're happy without me’”. I asked whether you were always going to be there for me and you said “Yes”. It didn’t take a long time for you to find someone else. Now, all the memories of me in your brain seem to have faded already. What about the late nights we stayed up together; the sunsets we enjoyed; the kiss you accidentally planted on my lips and the secrets we shared?  I can’

MY LIFE AS A BILLIONAIRE

If only life was as simple as it’s made up in fairytales, I would have built my kingdom on an island with beautiful flowers and grass all over; grown my own food and an animal farm with all sorts of animals that qualify to be meat. I would have molded my own perfect man out of fine black clay: his eyes like an ocean of love; his hair, so refreshing like a horse’s mane; his body built strongly with muscles and beautiful legs. Oh… My children… My children would have grown in a paradise; played with birds, butterflies, and fairies. They would have… Oh… wake up! Cut the crap! Life is not as simple as a fairytale. In the physical, “Money” is the captain of all ships. If you miss that guy, even for a day, your world will start crashing down on you like a broken mansion. Sometimes I ask: since when did life become so difficult; since when did living become so expensive; since when did money become the vital essence of survival; since when did it gain so much value in human existen