Skip to main content

MY LIFE AS A BILLIONAIRE


If only life was as simple as it’s made up in fairytales, I would have built my kingdom on an island with beautiful flowers and grass all over; grown my own food and an animal farm with all sorts of animals that qualify to be meat. I would have molded my own perfect man out of fine black clay: his eyes like an ocean of love; his hair, so refreshing like a horse’s mane; his body built strongly with muscles and beautiful legs. Oh… My children… My children would have grown in a paradise; played with birds, butterflies, and fairies. They would have…

Oh… wake up! Cut the crap! Life is not as simple as a fairytale. In the physical, “Money” is the captain of all ships. If you miss that guy, even for a day, your world will start crashing down on you like a broken mansion.

Sometimes I ask: since when did life become so difficult; since when did living become so expensive; since when did money become the vital essence of survival; since when did it gain so much value in human existence?

Now, see what it is doing to us: The love of money is tearing families apart; greed is pushing best friends to the edge. Now, people care less about what their dubious means of getting money is doing to others. They don’t mind stealing from, even, the poorest person. Thieves used to walk and steal on the streets but now, the most experienced thieves appear in suits and ties; drive the latest Bugatti Chirons and hold the greatest armory: a pen and paper.
  
Love is losing its essence in society because it has also been lowered in standards to the extent that it is measured by 'how much money I'll get from this deal'. Wives are dragging their husbands through the mud and husbands are treading on dangerous grounds because they just can’t get enough.

Whoever introduced “Mr. Money” meant no harm, I’m sure. Why, then, have we allowed it to influence our lives so deeply?

Every youth, these days, aspires to be a billionaire but many want to avoid the hustle. Life is good when you’ve got enough money: that’s a fair statement. But life is best when you got all that money out of a clean conscience.  
 
Think about it.

Comments

  1. You are rich in great ideas. Use them genuinely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Marvelous lady. You are doing pretty well with your words of inspiration. Thumps up!

      Delete
    2. Nice one dear.. keep it up

      Delete
    3. Nice one dear.. keep it up

      Delete
  2. A long awaited piece.....😚

    ReplyDelete
  3. A classic masterpiece it is. Big-upps dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic ������.Keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. True talk Doc. God bless u for the piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great master piece. God bless your talent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...Mr. Money.
    Our world of greed
    But unfortunately All is Vanity, says the wise King.

    Thank you Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is incredible!!
    Everything is on point
    Pat, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an awesome piece..l love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Money rules almost everything now and that's sad. Great piece there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very insightful, thank you for reminding us again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Money now drives almost everything oo. Even Church kraa if you don't have money.... Wahala

    ReplyDelete
  13. Money (an instrument used in transaction) will forever rule every single thing we do in this world. Money is good, but money must not control our conscience. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great piece. I just hope we all strive to make money but in the right way,that doesn't comprise on the safety and right to ownership of others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Money is good and can buy many thing; can't buy us life. Always one should be mindful of his doings on earth because, there is an account to give to his Creator in the hereafter. We pray for the best. Good work done Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the best piece I've read this afternoon. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  17. Money isn't everything...but it ranks right up there with oxygen.

    Rita Davenport

    ReplyDelete
  18. With oxygen at the hospital if you will live you will because people are ready to pay any amount for oxygen being put on them or their relatives but still the person can't make. So money is not everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE IS ALL WE’VE GOT

The energy with which he pushed the fly away while it was a mile away reminded me of the greatest gift we have: to be alive. I stood behind him at the entrance of the church whiles the priest gave his homily (message) since we were late for mass. According to the catholic tradition, if you get to church during the homily, you will have to stay outside to listen until it is over, in order not to be a distraction for those already   inside. The innocent housefly made a silly mistake to head towards him for a minute and it had its ass kicked like a wretched thief. He reminded me of the friend I had lost, a few days ago: A handsome, smart and an intelligent guy who had better techniques of sacking flies than he did. There he lied lifeless and quiet, couldn’t even raise a finger to sack the flies that walked on his own face; and I remembered how energetic he was the last time we met, his smile, his jokes and the life that flew out of him. Now, the question is: of all the thing

JEALOUS

In the words of Michael Jackson, I perch at the corner of my lonely bed and sing “Another day has gone. I'm still all alone. How could this be that you're not here with me? You never said goodbye. Someone tell me why: Did you have to go and leave my world so cold? Everyday, I sit and ask myself: How did love slip away?” After I drop down from my “thought-ride” and notice, all I had been doing for hours was thinking about you, I look back at my distressed self and as Labrinth will put it, admit to myself shamefully, “Well, ‘It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way… You're happy without me’”. I asked whether you were always going to be there for me and you said “Yes”. It didn’t take a long time for you to find someone else. Now, all the memories of me in your brain seem to have faded already. What about the late nights we stayed up together; the sunsets we enjoyed; the kiss you accidentally planted on my lips and the secrets we shared?  I can’