Skip to main content

JEALOUS



In the words of Michael Jackson, I perch at the corner of my lonely bed and sing “Another day has gone. I'm still all alone. How could this be that you're not here with me? You never said goodbye. Someone tell me why: Did you have to go and leave my world so cold? Everyday, I sit and ask myself: How did love slip away?”

After I drop down from my “thought-ride” and notice, all I had been doing for hours was thinking about you, I look back at my distressed self and as Labrinth will put it, admit to myself shamefully, “Well, ‘It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way… You're happy without me’”.

I asked whether you were always going to be there for me and you said “Yes”. It didn’t take a long time for you to find someone else. Now, all the memories of me in your brain seem to have faded already. What about the late nights we stayed up together; the sunsets we enjoyed; the kiss you accidentally planted on my lips and the secrets we shared? 

I can’t say I want you now after letting you slide away so easily; can’t see myself drown in the warmth of your arms anymore; can’t laugh with you now like I used to because you’ve finally found someone to be jealous over you. I know I don’t matter anymore but I’m happy you are happy. Yet, I can’t hide the fact that, “I'm jealous of the way… You're happy without me”

I don’t intend to talk about my broken heart or any disappointment but a broken love on the bridge of a relationship that never existed. Nothing, in the department of love, hurts more than knowing you could be with someone and yet, letting him go for other reasons.

You were my back up plan for tomorrow: How selfish! I’ve got to say goodbye because now, you get to love again: this time, your love is too far from near. Holding it in me does me no good. To be fair, I’m off to find someone new. Just know that “I'm jealous of the way… You're happy without me”

Comments

  1. Ladies, if you love him, let him know. Don't zone him... lol...
    Hope you enjoy this post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes too if I love people u have to let them go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letting go doesn't mean giving up but accepting that somethings can't be together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing someone you love to be happy even when you have lost the opportunity to be with the person; that's true love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How you go do am?? If you like someone let them know oo. Sometimes you like them alright but you know you have to let go. Thats also a possibility. Especially when you realise the feeling is not mutual

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Piece Pat
    More power to your elbow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Great piece! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great.
    It is sometimes difficult to project how one feel but this piece will help me voice out some feeli
    Great piece

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing, in the department of love, hurts more than knowing you could be with someone and yet, letting him / her go for other reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lesson: Learn to love again.

    Keep it up, Dr. Kassy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matters of the heart but hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love is sweet but hard. Sometimes you wonder why you should feel that emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enter your comment... such is Love, this is a great lesson for us but we got to forget about it and move on. thank you so much for this lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It takes courage to know and accept such emotional situations in life. However, it is also vital to move on and never hold on to a painful past. Thanks for the inspiration Dr. Kassy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is interesting indeed. However you love someone, if circumstances can't make you stay together, you have to try let it go even though its hard to bare. My grandfather always tells me that,Hamza, when you are not meant to be as couples, no matter the affection you have for each other,the relationship will be vague. God created woman with mans rib. So, if the relationship isn't working, my dear brother, she isn't your rib ok. She belongs to someone else whose rib was use to creat her. Go fine your rib (wife).
    Most often,cheat happens in marriage is due to our inability to chose the right partner( our rib). That's my candid opinion

    Proud of you Aunty Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool piece. Practically, i believe love should be expressed outside the walls of ambiguity. Don't leave the other party guessing whether or not you both share the same feelings for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is Pays to wait and search for the right one.

    Open your heart to God
    Know God first
    Secondly, Let God help you know yourself

    Then ask God to help you find the right man or woman.

    We rush and chose and later present to God to bless it...

    Take your time dear.


    Broken heart and jealousy is not a good feeling at all. I can relate

    Thank you Dr.


    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I see. But why is everyone commenting to only one side of the story? If you love something you fight for it, you don't let go. You fight. But don't be fooled though. Fighting in most cases means letting go, finding peace within, healing and moving on. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE IS ALL WE’VE GOT

The energy with which he pushed the fly away while it was a mile away reminded me of the greatest gift we have: to be alive. I stood behind him at the entrance of the church whiles the priest gave his homily (message) since we were late for mass. According to the catholic tradition, if you get to church during the homily, you will have to stay outside to listen until it is over, in order not to be a distraction for those already   inside. The innocent housefly made a silly mistake to head towards him for a minute and it had its ass kicked like a wretched thief. He reminded me of the friend I had lost, a few days ago: A handsome, smart and an intelligent guy who had better techniques of sacking flies than he did. There he lied lifeless and quiet, couldn’t even raise a finger to sack the flies that walked on his own face; and I remembered how energetic he was the last time we met, his smile, his jokes and the life that flew out of him. Now, the question is: of all the thing

MY LIFE AS A BILLIONAIRE

If only life was as simple as it’s made up in fairytales, I would have built my kingdom on an island with beautiful flowers and grass all over; grown my own food and an animal farm with all sorts of animals that qualify to be meat. I would have molded my own perfect man out of fine black clay: his eyes like an ocean of love; his hair, so refreshing like a horse’s mane; his body built strongly with muscles and beautiful legs. Oh… My children… My children would have grown in a paradise; played with birds, butterflies, and fairies. They would have… Oh… wake up! Cut the crap! Life is not as simple as a fairytale. In the physical, “Money” is the captain of all ships. If you miss that guy, even for a day, your world will start crashing down on you like a broken mansion. Sometimes I ask: since when did life become so difficult; since when did living become so expensive; since when did money become the vital essence of survival; since when did it gain so much value in human existen