Skip to main content

THAT MAN CALLED LOVE

Her story struck me so hard that tears began to run down my cheeks like a waterfall. She is just 22 years and had already been through 6 relationships: 3 of which ended in very painful heartbreaks. Now, she is on the verge of ending another, so painfully because it turns out the man involved is already a husband and even a father to one and an unborn life.

“Why do ~men~ (people) cheat? Why lie to two people you claim to love so ardently? See, Doc, he has a lie to answer every question. How can a person lie with so much emotions? Now, I can’t even believe it if someone talks love to me. Memories of him all over me: he is all I think of when my mind takes a tour and those thoughts keep pulling me back. Every single second, I wish I never knew the truth. Yet, what is not mine can never be mine. He knew my story. Yet, he still went ahead to play with my emotions. If this doesn't fall under the category of wickedness, then what does? Tell me, Doc, what does? That man called love... ”

 She continued, rolling over in my couch in tears like a newly acknowledged widow. I tried hard to calm her down: giving her tissues to wipe her tears and blow her nose as I thought to myself “Love is not meant to be this wicked, is it?”

 I have seen marriages break for several reasons; heard many love stories end sour; and many disheartening experiences but the worst of them all are the liars who deceive others: both their innocent wives / husbands and their stupid side babes. What, at all, is their problem?

 Now, imagine this girl was telling her story to you. What is the amount of words that you can apply on her wounds to make her feel better? If she should survive this fall, do you think she can ever trust the words of any man (genuine ones inclusive)? When we see murderers get arrested for their crimes, so many thoughts rush through our heads: some even manage to appear on our lips. How could a person pick a knife to kill his own brother; Is he mad; Was he spiritually influenced or he is on drugs? Well, they are paying for their crimes now because their murder was physical. We forget that by engaging in acts like these, we kill the souls and consciences of the innocent parties involved.

 I bet your spouse didn’t force you to marry: even if he/she did, you still had every right to say “No”. Yet, you chose to say “Yes”. Now, enjoy your fire. If you think you don’t like the way it burns, quench it. The most annoying ones are those who aren’t even married to their partners, yet. Why so many lies? Let me pause here…
Now, think about this: As religious people, the only thing allowed to break a home is adultery… Fine. If your spouse is making you go insane, do you think cheating on him/her now becomes a solution? You are a liar. Think again! Your sin is rather liable for a divorce, confess!

 Let me end with something that should make you think twice before that sweet four-letter word (LOVE) zooms out of your lips, the next time. Love is a beautiful thing: That man called love is patient and kind; it does not take advantage of others; it does not lie; it does not cheat; it does not kill nor make others miserable. If you don’t respect the word, don’t misuse it, as well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE IS ALL WE’VE GOT

The energy with which he pushed the fly away while it was a mile away reminded me of the greatest gift we have: to be alive. I stood behind him at the entrance of the church whiles the priest gave his homily (message) since we were late for mass. According to the catholic tradition, if you get to church during the homily, you will have to stay outside to listen until it is over, in order not to be a distraction for those already   inside. The innocent housefly made a silly mistake to head towards him for a minute and it had its ass kicked like a wretched thief. He reminded me of the friend I had lost, a few days ago: A handsome, smart and an intelligent guy who had better techniques of sacking flies than he did. There he lied lifeless and quiet, couldn’t even raise a finger to sack the flies that walked on his own face; and I remembered how energetic he was the last time we met, his smile, his jokes and the life that flew out of him. Now, the question is: of all the thing

JEALOUS

In the words of Michael Jackson, I perch at the corner of my lonely bed and sing “Another day has gone. I'm still all alone. How could this be that you're not here with me? You never said goodbye. Someone tell me why: Did you have to go and leave my world so cold? Everyday, I sit and ask myself: How did love slip away?” After I drop down from my “thought-ride” and notice, all I had been doing for hours was thinking about you, I look back at my distressed self and as Labrinth will put it, admit to myself shamefully, “Well, ‘It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way… You're happy without me’”. I asked whether you were always going to be there for me and you said “Yes”. It didn’t take a long time for you to find someone else. Now, all the memories of me in your brain seem to have faded already. What about the late nights we stayed up together; the sunsets we enjoyed; the kiss you accidentally planted on my lips and the secrets we shared?  I can’

MY LIFE: MY RESPONSIBILITY

I lost my first job opportunity today and as usual, I want you to be the first to know.   I woke up as early as the cock does and prepared myself fully by 7:00am for an interview that was scheduled to start at 10:00am. Just before I could finish locking my door, the rains descended from nowhere like an angry lion. I quickly unlocked my door and went back inside. I tried searching for my raincoat and umbrella only to realize that I have not owned any for close to a year now. I redirected my hope to my neighbors but since the morning was still young, I had to allow them to enjoy the extra time of sleep they had. After about an hour of waiting for the cats and dogs to be tamed, I woke them up with a knock on their door. To my surprise, none of them could help. My heart began racing like Usain Bolt: stepping into the rains was never an option because of my medical condition. In my anguish, I dropped down unto my carpet in tears, helplessly hoping and praying for a breakthrough but